Sunrise Park Assisted Living ApartmentsSunrise Park Apartments
53 South Main St.
Lewiston, Utah 84320

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: You have quoted me your current service fee. For how long can I depend that this fee will remain the same? How often do you raise your prices? How much more should I expect to pay over the next year? …the next five years?

A: The contract we signed states your service fee will be evaluated after 30 days in the facility. At that time we will both have a better understanding of the extra care you require and the cost of those extra services. Your service fee may be adjusted at that time. Thereafter, your contract guarantees that your service fee will not increase more than once a year, and then only after a 30-day-notice.

Yearly service fees will be based on a combination of the size apartment you have, extra care required after home health benefits have been used, and the increase in the cost of living.

It is difficult to forecast the future. However, we are dedicated to keeping expenses as low as possible. At the same time, we strive to fill the needs and wants of our residents and their families.

Q: What is the Center Fee, and does everyone pay it?

Yes. Upon admission to the Center you will pay a one-time, nonrefundable fee of $500. The Center fee is an initial membership charge and is intended to cover some of the costs of providing new recreational equipment, extra activities and laundry service. The Center Fee is not a security deposit, processing charge or a prepayment of rent. The Center Fee is not refundable, except in the following circumstances:

  1. The Center cannot supply the apartment as per contract, 100 percent is refunded.

  2.  If the resident never occupies the apartment, one-half of the Center Fee will be refunded.

Q: I have a vacation home, where I spend summers. Must I still pay for the dwelling unit while I am away on vacation? May I rent the unit to my cousin while I am gone?

Yes, No

  1.  A dwelling unit (apartment) will be considered occupied when notice to occupy is given to the prospective resident or on the occupancy date identified.

  2.  A dwelling unit will be considered occupied as long as a resident’s personal belongings remain there.

  3.  The resident will be responsible for fees as long as the dwelling unit is occupied.

  4.  The absence of a resident does not release him/her from fees. Absences include vacation, hospitalization, nursing home placement, etc.

  5.  A 30-day written notice for vacating a dwelling unit is required, except in the case of emergency situations (death or necessity for nursing home placement with no possibility of returning to the dwelling unit).

  6. It is not permissible for residents to sub-let their units to other people. Any requests for exceptions or special considerations will be reviewed by the Board of Directors/Owner.

Q: Do the residents who live in your facility have a voice in planning and/or decisions affecting their lifestyle?

A resident may become involved in Center operation and programs through organizing or joining the Resident Council, asking for a private visit with a member of management, or utilizing the Suggestions and Wishes box located in the common room.

Q: My daughter lives in another state, but will want to come and visit. Because of my medical condition, it becomes more and more difficult for me to leave home. Can she arrange to stay at the facility and also to have her meals with me?

Yes. Your daughter is welcome to visit for up to fourteen days. If empty space is available, she can stay in a guest room for a fee of $50/night. Or, if your apartment is large enough for two occupants, we will provide a roll-away bed. Guests are welcome to take their meals with residents. The current charge for each meal is $5 for breakfast, $6.50 for dinner and $5 for supper. Guest meals may be paid for by the guest, or billed to the resident at the end of the month.

Q: Is there any help available from Medicare or Medicaid to help pay for assisted living?

At this time there is no provision in Medicare to help pay for assisted living in Utah. There are some additional benefits available to qualifying members of the armed forces or their spouses. It is hoped that as more people age and require assisted living, there will be financial help available to support that need. However, at this time Sunrise is a private pay facility.

Q: I thought assisted living was for reasonably healthy people who just need a little help with cooking, laundry and housekeeping. I now see that you have all levels of care listed and there is a woman in your unit #3, who needs help with almost everything.

Assisted Living Type I facilities are also licensed to provide care for Hospice patients. There are special requirements for care of hospice patients, and the number may not exceed twenty-five percent of the licensed facility beds. (Utah Administrative Code F435-270-9)
Assisted Living Facilities, both Type I and II are licensed to offer Respite Services (Utah Code R432-270-29), and adult Day Care Services (R432-270-29b). Special facilities and special care required are explained in the Utah Code cited.

Q: Do you provide 24-hour nursing?

A Home Health-Hospice nurse visits our residents as often as is needed. At times he/she is here daily, or twice daily. Other times, when there is less need, he/she comes two or three times each week.

Q: My mother fell and broke her pelvis. She is otherwise in fairly good health. If we can provide a home-health therapist to visit her there, could you admit her, on the assumption the broken pelvis will heal?

If we can provide her with the care and therapy she needs, we will accept her as a resident on a provisional basis until the hip is rehabilitated. At that time, we will accept her as a permanent resident.